The Friends of Clermont is a not-for-profit organization created to support the work of NY State in conserving the living legacy of Clermont State Historic Site. We engage our varied users to explore the multifaceted assets of the site, broadening use, access, and enjoyment.
The Friends of Clermont have developed the site’s growing research library, restored three formal gardens, restored the circa 1910 Children’s Playhouse, mounted two important loan exhibitions, and encouraged the donation of nearly 8,000 historical objects to Clermont’s collections. The Friends also supports additional educational programming for local youth so they can connect with our site.
The Friends of Clermont are continuing to grow and support Clermont State Historic Site with the help of our members. Membership in the Friends of Clermont is open to anyone who shares the goals and mission of the organization. Benefits of membership, by category, include:
- Free admission for 1 person to the historic house for 1 year + a parking pass for weekends
- A 10% discount at the Museum Store
- Invitation to the annual Candlelight Christmas Party and exhibit openings
- Access to our newsletter
Dual/Family $75 *
- Free admission for 2 adults and children under 21
- A 10% discount to our Summer History Camp
Contributor $100 *
- Gift certificate for $15 towards purchase from the Museum store
Benefactor $250 *
- Free lectures and Christmas Candlelight reception for members and 2 additional guests
Patron $500 *
- Free lectures and Christmas Candlelight reception for members and 4 additional guests
- Choice of 1 book published by Friends of Clermont
Chancellor’s Court $1000 *
- Special behind the scenes tour to see archived or stored material
- Collection of 3 books published by Friends of Clermont
* Each category includes the benefits of prior categories, except that guest passes and complimentary invitations are not cumulative.
To become a member of the Friends of Clermont, complete the form below and click on the PayPal link, call (518) 537-6622 for a membership application, or print the Membership Form and mail it with a check or credit card information, to:MEMBERSHIPc/o Friends of Clermont87 Clermont AvenueGermantown, New York 12526